Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2009

Ant tending peony

I tried quite a few shots, but this was the best one available. The ants just won't stop moving!

I don't know why, but the ants constantly work on the peonies. From the moment the first tiny buds form until the last petal falls, ants are constantly roaming the plant, paying special attention to the buds and blossoms. It's a very curious thing.

Curious, yes, but I'm always reassured when I see the ants begin their work in the spring because I know the peonies aren't far away!

1 comment:

  1. Great shot! I absolutely adore peonies but didn't know they are sometimes pink (I've only seen white)!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin