Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Milestones

It's the time of the year we tend to stop and reflect on what's happened during the year, to be thankful for what we have and to resolve to do better next year.

That's a strange introduction to this odd photo, which is a deliberate attempt by me to visually interpret the idea of milestones. I planned my ride home so that I could pull over and get a photo of the odometer on my motorcycle just before it rolled over to 21 thousand miles.

For those interested, it's a 2003 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R. It's running in this photo, idling at 1200 RPM. Yes, it will go as fast as the speedometer indicates. No, I have not taken it that fast, but I have inadvertently lifted the front wheel clean off the ground.

Something I resolve not to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin