Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Greenmarket crowd

It was hot last Sunday, unseasonably so for early June.  Most everyone went to the Greenmarket in shorts except for the woman in red.

The Greenmarket is getting bigger and bigger, which is very good to see.  Our downtown can use the foot traffic.  The building in the background is the Main Post Office.

One of the regular vendors, Susie made some rhubarb pickles.  I have been eating rhubarb all my life - more often than not broken off the plant and eaten raw.  Most people find them too tart that way and probably the most common way to use rhubarb is as the companion ingredient in strawberry-rhubarb pie.  That's really, really tasty!  Anyway, I tried Susie's rhubarb pickles and I fell in love with them.  She uses cloves and a little hot pepper, and they came out tasting like my Mum's pickled onions, which I loved as a boy.

This was a fantastic Greenmarket trip for me!

F Number10.0
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/500
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin