Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

CDPB Monthly theme day - Heights


Each month, the City Daily Photo Blog community choose a theme and many of us post our interpretation of that theme.  This month, the theme is HeightsCDPB November 2013 Theme Day Click the link for many photos from round the world!

This month is an easy one for me, because I love climbing.  In June and September, I am part of a group of amateur radio operators who set up towers on Mt Greylock, MA as part of a weekend of radio contesting.  And I do a lot of climbing on those weekends!  I was planning on showing the view looking down from the top of 'my' tower, but when I was looking through my pictures I realised I took one with people in it.  I don't often do that, but these ladies knew I was snapping their photo, so I feel OK about it.  I'm about 40 feet up, near the top of the tower as I'm taking this photo.  The view is always spectacular, because I'm above almost all the trees and I can see forever in a full 360 degree arc.

Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
F Number5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/60
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO200
Advanced Scene ModeIntelligent Auto (5)
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

6 comments:

  1. Looking from above, it looks miniature, isn't? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a climber too, much to the amusement of my wife who teases me every time I climb (or ride) up the tallest things in town. Any town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and it looks like you got a wave too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting contribution to the theme day.Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin