Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

The moon

I had to work a bit with the camera settings to get this one. I never did find a setting where I could expose the Moon properly as well as the tree, but I like how this turned out. Sort of a Halloween-ish shot. Given the geometry of the street, I can't take this shot on the 31st because the Moon won't be here at a decent hour of the day.

Lesson from Babooshka: Don't hesitate to put the camera on manual and fiddle the controls. Electrons are cheap and it's fun to look at the intermediate results. What's really cool about digital cameras, even my old Nikon Coolpix 950, records the details about the shot. In my film days I kept a notebook filled with frame numbers, F-stops and shutter speeds. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it; I learnt a lot about how my camera and lenses worked. It's just a lot easier these days!

Taken 17.56 local time (half an hour before sunset) on the 9th.
F6.8, 1/125

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin