Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Monthly theme day - Best photo of 2010


Each month, the wonderful people at City Daily Photo run a theme where each of us can post a photo that realises a given idea.  This month, the theme is Best Photo of 2010.  This photo was taken at Mount Greylock, MA during the September ARRL VHF amateur (ham) radio contest.  While we often see cloudy / foggy conditions on the top of the mountain, we don't often see it clear on top and cloudy in the valley below us.  I wasn't the only one taking in the scene - a hiker paused to look over the edge.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

6 comments:

  1. wow, this is some photo. so unique. Happy New Year's! Have a great day with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool view.

    I've been thinking of getting a micro camera too, actually but the manual focus part has been the issue. How is that with you?

    Hello and happy new year from Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year, Buck. Thanks for comment on Nelson and I with you have a great 2011. I used to have (before came to NZ) a low power Ham licence in Japan. I still have my rig but not sure tit is certified in NZ but I can listen if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning photo. It's really a wonderful nature scene !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extraordinary picture of a great and quiet place! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate every visitor!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin