Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Calamondin orange

At the risk of misidentifying another plant, here is my calamondin orange. I'm pretty sure about this one, since I've eaten the fruits off it! My wife got me this for a present and I've been working to keep it going through the long winter, when it has to come indoors. Too little light and the leaves drop off. Too much water and they become yellow and sickly. No flowers at the moment, but when they come they are a beautiful pale white with an aroma that's heavenly.

I just liked the play of the sun on the leaf, with the window blinds being such a contras to the curves of the leaves - I couldn't resist. Hopefully, it will flower soon and I can document that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin