Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

The first ice

I might have had some difficulty coming up with a title :-)  This pressure ridge of ice is almost inevitable.  When it snows, the snow plow pushes it from the middle of the street off to the side.  I can't get my car off of the street, so they have no choice but to plow it in a heap next to my car.  If I am diligent, I dash out and shovel it all by hand to the curb side of the car.  If I am not so diligent, it freezes and becomes very difficult to remove, leaving this ridge of ice.  You can see how the sun managed to melt some of it by the now-frozen puddles in the street.  This will stay here until we get a really big storm; when that happens, the city requires the cars to come off the street so they can use a big front end loader to remove the snow.  That machine will hardly notice this little bit of ice, and it'll be gone with the snow.

F Number10.0
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length16.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 32.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/60
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin