Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No snow Vale


This is the eastern end of the loop around the pond.  I've never seen it in winter nude like this, so the green really surprised me.  I don't know the plant; it looks like wintergreen but when I break the leaves I don't find any particular smell other than the typical grassy herbal woody note one gets from any low lying forest plant.  All the photos I find show red berries but I haven't seen those either.  Although during the year this area is heavily obscured by taller plants...

F Number8.0
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length14.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/50
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

2 comments:

  1. I don't ever remember visiting there in winter and not have tons of snow either. So bizarre.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin