Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Impossible!


It's almost impossible to convey my feelings on this.  I took this photo this morning, 19 Feb.  There is no snow on the ground.  That's amazing.  There hasn't been any snow on the ground.  That's unbelievable.  The snow drops are blooming.  That's impossible! 

Just to check my memory, I went back in time to look at photos I'd taken about this time in years past.


25 Feb 2011

 The first snow drop photo was taken March 18th - a full month from now, and there was snow on the ground.


17 Feb 2010

The first snow drop photo was taken March 18th.  The snow was thin, but it covered the ground.


19 Feb 2009

The first snow drop photo was taken on March 12th, through the snow.  It was an early Spring that year.


27 Feb 2009

The first snow drop: April 5th.

I'm not imagining things; for a snow drop to be blooming on Feb 19th is impossible!


EXIF information for the snow drop:

F Number5.6
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/320
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. It's been a very disconcerting winter all round. We're now on to daffodils, and the snowdrops are over. I'm in no rush, but it seems as if nature is.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin