Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

War memorial


The morning sun behind the War Memorial atop Mt Greylock, Massachusetts.  I spent almost a week up there playing radio.  We drive up Wednesday night, spend Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday morning setting up.  Then we contest Saturday afternoon through Sunday night.  On Monday, we take it all down - 9 towers and all the associated antennas.  The towers are disassembled, stacked on trailers and we drive home.  To do it again in September.

This week had exquisite weather; it rained one night but I can't remember which one!  The 6 meter band was wide open to Europe via F-layer propagation, and on Sunday there was double-E propagation to the west coast!  I work the high microwaves, and I'm pleased to report that all my gear worked, and I helped make 5 grids on 47GHz - the rover who went out was the greater part of the effort, as pointing that dish is no mean feat.

For now, it's time to make repairs (something always needs repair!), make new gadgets, work on my morse code skills and get ready to go back up in September!

F Number22.0
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length23.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 46.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/4000
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO1600
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. This is a terrific silhouette against a vibrant blue sky...lovely!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin