Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Grasshopper

It's probably the wrong name for this insect, but I've been calling them grasshoppers since I was a little boy.

This grasshopper was relaxing in a shady bit of a Queen Anne's Lace. It was relying on the camouflage effect I think, because it didn't move even when I got close. The best view was from underneath the plant, and through the camera, I could watch it breathe. It was very relaxing.

I was inspired to post this photo when I saw Afanja's Skywatch Friday post.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photograph! I would call it a grasshopper, too...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you were inspired by one of my SWF posts.
    On my turn I was inspired by your post to use a shot of a grasshopper for today's SWF.
    Because of technical problems I started a new blog a week ago.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin