Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sidewalk ice jam

Sidewalk ice jam
It got to about 20F yesterday, so I decided to tackle the sidewalk.  These are the bits that came up by chopping with an ice chipper, a a long handled implement with an 8 inch steel blade at the end.  It wasn't enough.  I needed to spread salt on what was left before I could finally get down to the concrete.  All this used to be snow before people walked on it.  I wasn't home to shovel during the storms...

This reminded me of an ice jam on the river.



F Number5.4
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length33.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 66.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/500
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

2 comments:

  1. Brrrr... Looking at this reminds me of all the ice I used to have to scrape off the windows of my car back when I used to live in NYS. I'd never make it now, after 20 years here in Israel my blood has thinned - you'd never know I come from strong Catskill stock!

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin