Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloodroot


I see these every spring and I never manage to get a photo before they're gone.  Thanks to my resourceful wife, I now know they are called Bloodroot - Sanguinaria canadensis L. These little flowers pop up in early Spring, and then are gone before the rest of the thicket grows over it.  These are up on the bike path as it goes over the Plotter Kill.

F Number5.6
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/80
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

3 comments:

  1. I love those little flowers, and I'd never know what they were--so my thanks to your wife and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be there for some close-up of the Bloodroot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will see if I can get back there for a close-up. My wife is wonderfully good at finding out the names of things I photograph!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin