Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rainbow


When we visited our son in Hawaii, we were amazed to see a rainbow just about every day.  That's not so common here.  This one, like most I see, is an afternoon shower.  The sun needs to be behind one in order to see a rainbow in front.  This direction is looking roughly northeast, which 'works' as far as the mechanics of rainbows go.  It needs to be sunny behind, and a bit rainy in front.  Since our weather usually progresses from west to east, and the sun is low in the west in the afternoon, when I see a rainbow, it's usually in the afternoon.  I'm such a science nerd but still, they are beautiful things to behold.

F Number8.0
Lens ID14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/640
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. This is nice. I saw a rainbow on my way to work last Friday and tried to snap it with my phone. You can imagine how that turned out.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin