Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Throg's Neck bridge


Yesterday, I went roving with my friend KJ1K. 'Roving' is actually a semi-technical term in the sort of radio contesting that I do.  It means that you get in the car, drive somewhere (usually the top of a hill), set up your antennas and talk to as many people as possible before packing up and driving to a different location to do it all over again.  Yesterday's roving took us around and about in Brooklyn and Queens - New York City!  I hadn't been down there in a long time.  Man is it a busy place, even on the weekend!  One of our stops was a park near Fort Totten.  It's just to the east of the southern terminus of the Throg's Neck bridge, and this is what the bridge looked like at night.  I took it at 7:08 local time, which in January is definitely night time here.  Made a bunch of contacts here; a very successful location for radio.  And photography, too.

F Number3.5
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length14.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28.0 mm)
Exposure Time2
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO800
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin