Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Coltsfoot

Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara) is another early spring flower.  It's considered a pest in many states as it is invasive.  Until recently, I never linked these flowers to the plant because the flowers appear before the leaves, and then the flowers are gone when the leaves are out.  They look like dandelion flowers, which is what lets me spot them so early in the season, and which camouflages them later on when the dandelions bloom.

F Number11.0
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/1000
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO400
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed these recently all over town and wondered what they were. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin