Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The grass needs cutting

Yes, the front garden needs weeding!

Between the milkweeds and the creeping ground cover, some of this wild grass took root and now that it's late in the growing season, it's almost ripe and ready to propagate itself for next spring.

I liked the close-up effect, but this is actually quite tall - over 4 feet tall, in fact. I tried to look it up, but I'm not sure exactly what plant it is - for all I know it's an expensive ornamental grass that a bird dropped here after visiting a neighbour.

Nature can be wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. No idea either. It's a great close up though with the out of focus background. Spot on.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin