Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nott Memorial

This is one of those iconic images of Schenectady. Almost always presented in association with Union College, the Nott Memorial is a spectacular piece of architecture.

It's situated at the east side of an open field; almost everyone takes a photograph looking east. This makes an afternoon photo more interesting than a morning one. Well, more illuminated, anyway!

I like the juxtaposition of the grand old building, with the FW Olin building peering over its shoulder at the left. Olin is the building with the telescope dome and satellite dishes on the roof.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous building. I know if I spotted it, I'd have to take some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful structure you got there and very well captured, looks like a great day to walk by

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin