Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekend Reflections

This is an old photo, taken 23 Sep 2011 in the parking lot where I work.  I meant to post it earlier but never got my act together.  Today, the yellow trees are all bare and the green trees are red.  Autumn is such a dynamic time of year; things change almost daily.

We are forecast to get several inches of snow today and 4 more tonight, which made me reflect on the dynamic nature of the season (and to find this photo!)  So many trees still carry most of their leaves.  6 inches of snow on them is going to be a very heavy load.  Many limbs will break, undoubtedly causing electric power outages over a wide area.  In a strange bit of fortune, we had a heavy autumn snow just a few years ago, so many weak limbs were remove then, which means fewer limbs will fall on power lines today.  We didn't think of it as fortunate when it happened!

James at Weekend Reflections collects photographs containing a reflection from round the world. About a hundred photo bloggers post a photo containing a reflection; beautiful work. Click the link and go see!


F Number5.6
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length38.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 76.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/40
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO400
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

7 comments:

  1. We only got enough snow here in VA to ruin my flowers and leave us with a damp and cold morning. I did manage to get some shots in before it all melted. Our 4 inches did not materialize. That yellow reflection of the tree is superb. I just love it when I can shoot color in the reflection. It is a real treat for my old eyes. Nice capture. genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful parking lot with the bright reflection! I spent 4 years in Troy, not far from where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I was pleased with this one.

    The snow forecast turned out to be overrated... not much here.

    Al, 4 years in Troy... RPI?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful reflections, lovely yellow colour against the green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great capture Buck. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! the intense colors!!! beautiful! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin