Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Roots & Wisdom

Roots & Wisdom is a local program that teaches kids (and adults!) about gardening, caring for the land (so we can grow next year, too!) and community (by donating to local food pantries.)

This particular garden is located in the Mont Pleasant neighbourhood. The kids grow organic vegetables and flowers and sell them locally.

My family has been buying local food for as long as I can remember, and we also buy shares in a larger co-op farm about an hour south of here. Call me old fashioned, but there's something more... human about eating food that wasn't tended by machines. My grandfather was a small farmer, so that might colour my views somewhat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin