Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First butterfly

I'm pretty sure it's a butterfly: I'm no insect expert. All the moths I know have antennae which are feathery. Anyway, I was down at Vale Park, by the water, looking at geese when this specimen fluttered by. I think he was toying with me, because he'd set down, I'd creep forward as silently as possible and he'd lift off as I got close.

We went through this dance for several minutes until he decided I wasn't trying to eat him and let me take his portrait.

It's washed out because I didn't take the time to try to adjust the camera. I was afraid he'd fly away before I had his picture. All in all a very satisfying photo for me.

1 comment:

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin