Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin patch

Halloween is one of the holidays we associate with pumpkins. We often hollow them out and carve faces into them, then on Halloween night, put a candle inside to illuminate them from within. I say 'we' but I don't know if the younger generation still do this or not. Maybe they get theirs pre-made and injection moulded.

This is what pumpkins look like when they are in the field. I don't know why these are called pumpkin patches. I've never seen a 'patch.' It takes a lot of room to grow a pumpkin - the vines spread out quite a distance!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin