Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Garden spider


I have a grape vine that I optimistically planted as an arbour.  For the first time in 5 years, it has some grapes - I guess I pruned it correctly last year.  Anyway, it has nice foliage and makes shade for some hanging plants hung out there.  It also has wild, searching offshoots that reach in all directions including this one which reaches out into the air above the driveway.  A couple of days ago I went out to find this garden spider had cast her web across the span.  Spiders aren't the most attractive creatures, but anything that eats mosquitoes and the like is a friend in my book!  I don't know where she went, because there was no web the next morning.

F Number5.6
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/1000
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO400
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

3 comments:

  1. Great detailed shot of that web. Always a challenge, especially if it's not wet to have as a reflection. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, impressed by your selection of motives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I found to work the best was to move around so that the tree across the street was in the background against the light coloured spider and web. The morning light is coming in from the right. If it were the afternoon, the tree would be bright too and I don't think it would work as well.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin