Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Huck and the tea mug


My regular digital camera is a Panasonic Lumix G1.  It's a Micro Four Thirds camera which means it takes interchangeable lenses.  I only have the kit lens that comes with it, but I bought a Minolta MD to M43 adapter, so I can use my old but beautiful Minolta 35mm film lenses on it.  It feels funny having those rather solid glass lenses on the end of a very light camera, but it feels good that those lenses are seeing again.  The one downside to this adapter is that the camera can't read the lens settings.  It's not the adapter's fault - the lenses haven't got any way to tell ANY camera what they're set to!  It's back to original principles for me...

The subject of this photo is Huckleberry the cat.  He loves me when I sit at the computer.  This is his secondary position, on the desk top in front of the monitor.  If he's not here, he's in my lap, head on my wrist as I try to type!  The focus is a little soft; there's no dazzle or split focus aid to help me out, and it was rather dim indoors but I like how it turned out.  Not to shabby for the equivalent of 150mm hand-held!

LensTamron SP Adaptall-2 35-80mm
F Number2.8
Focal Length75mm
Exposure Time1/6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO800
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot. One of my cats loves to sit next to me on the floor when I am on the computer...as long as the dog isn't pestering her.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin