Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Childhood memories

When I was a boy, the park had several... what to call them? Rides? Features? Attractions? Toys? Well, stuff in a space theme. Some of them are still around after all these years.

This looks like a Mercury capsule to me, or maybe a Gemini spacecraft. Either way, it's something of a time capsule... the park found some money back then and this was their idea of something fun and useful.

The good news is that they were right then. Although I'm a bit taller now, I can still climb through and slide down that slide. I wonder how many thousands of children enjoy this without knowing what it was modelled after?

I always wanted to be an astronaut...

1 comment:

  1. Yes... I sometimes go back to my old neighbourhood, and you are right: it's odd how the 'remains' of our childhood still have an effect

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin