Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

City Hall

This was taken at the same location as the Great Northern #229 photo, looking down the hill (West North-West) from Nott Terrace.

In the middle distance is Schenectady's City Hall, in silhouette against a hazy July sky. Built in 1931, the clock tower gradually fell into disrepair until repaired in 1977. Further repairs to it's columns were made in 2006. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in October 1978.

In the distance, the Helderberg Mountains form the southern wall of the Mohawk River valley. Well, I think they're still the Helderbergs that far north! The river itself passes to the right of the frame.

1 comment:

  1. I like this photo and also love the post yesterday. Nice work on both.

    Patty and I will be celebrating 53 years of marriage on July 12th. Think of it as a long-term relationship.

    I have invited bloggers to offer suggestions on a gift for me to give Patty and the list would not be complete without your ideas.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin