Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Erie Blvd at Erie St

The famous General Electric sign. This is the Schenectady General electric Main Plant. At night, the sign is illuminated.

The rumour is that Erie Blvd used to be a branch of the Erie Canal, now paved over. It's certainly wide enough to be true. This view is a block south of State Street, looking south, away from the downtown business district.

Erie Blvd has many businesses on it. I got this photo after eating lunch at State & Erie: Bangkok Bistro. Excellent food and wonderful staff. I had beef Basil curry and my beloved had the Bistro Duck. Both were excellent!

I liked the imagery of the lamp posts marching off toward GE... or is it marching from GE?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin