Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nuthatch

I thought I was looking at a woodpecker - this bird was hopping up and down the tree with a total disregard for the law of gravity!  It was pecking at the bark and apparently munching on insects.  Thankfully, my wife knows birds better than I do and she saved me some embarrassment by telling me that this is a nuthatch.  With that clue in hand, the internet tells me that this is specifically a White-breasted Nuthatch.

What a cool little bird!






F Number9.0
Lens ID14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/400
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure walking down the tree wasn't how nature planned it! Neat little bird.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin