Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Icicicle

I sure love that Nikon Coolpix 950 and its macro ability. I'm used to a Really Big, Really Old Minolta 35mm film camera and I just can't believe this little Nikon can do this. OK, it's not that little, but it's a lot smaller than that SRT-SC2 with a long lens!

Anyway, this is a close-up of an icicle that was growing on the front awning. Yes, it's one icicle, twisted by the wind into a shape that has a nole in the middle. It started as two, I think, ans were merged by the breeze. It's roughly eye level for me (I'm over 6 feet tall) so it was literally impossible to miss!

It's amazing the things I see when I open my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen one merge like that. We were "growing" one at our front door last month, but on a very strange day of 50 degrees, it dropped. My daughter was measuring it every day. It got to almost 14 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat shot, if you make it large you can see scratches and markings on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shot - we are expecting a cold snap and I hope not to seeing anything like this but if I do I'll try and have my camera ready.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin