Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Skywatch Friday

Yet another informal Skywatch Friday post. I don't have a stock supply of photographs yet and so I'm never sure whether Friday will bring me photo-friendly weather or not!

This is the chimney of my house of all things. I rarely see smoke coming from it - my house is heated with natural gas which is very clean (little soot) so I only see smoke when it's really cold out. The National Weather Service tells me the current temperature is -12F (-24C) and as the sky is crystal clear, the ground has had no help holding the heat in.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that temperature. It makes me think of pipes freezing and cars not starting and the pain of breathing that air in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were -14 here where I live this morning. It sure was a cold day.

    I like the smoke from the chimney. Looks like a wood stove but then again, coal puts out color like this too.

    Thanks for your visits and comments.

    Abe Lincoln Blogs
    Abraham Lincoln's Blog

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin