Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Paddle boat

In Central Park, there is a small body of water I'd ordinarily call a pond, but its official title is Iroquois Lake. In the warm months, one can rent a paddle boat to go out into the lake. $4 for 2 people for a half hour; $6 for an hour. Strangely, I'd never been out on one, so the youngest and I decided to give it a whirl.

His steering was... erratic, as befits a nearly-7-year-old, I suppose. Full port or full starboard, nothing in between! He managed to navigate us to the fountain in the middle (fortunate wind shifts kept us mostly dry) as well as close to the wild ducks and geese who were paddling the lake independently of us.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I hope he didn't run over any ducks or geese! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 7-year-old steers the same way when we rent a paddleboat at one of our park ponds! We bump into the banks...go back and forth....and she laughs the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin